Videos collected in HD are 1280 x 720p, and are recorded in a 16 x 9 cinema wide-screen style.
Standard definition videos are 640 x 480p (4:3 aspect ratio).
All videos can be downloaded as an MP4.
Noteworthy New HD Video Stats
- HD videos collected through boast are now 1280 x 720p, compared to the standard definition of non-hd videos which are currently collected at 640 x 480p.
- The videos collected in HD are recorded at a 16 x 9, widescreen cinema-style size.
- The thumbnail shown on your video previews are updated during the re-encoding process to remove or reduce the black bars surrounding the video.
- You now have the option to choose from 4 different thumbnail grabs.
How To Upgrade To HD:
- Login to your Boast account.
- Head over to your “Boast Subscription” tab.
- Choose either the professional or premium plan.
- Enter your information to upgrade your account. – Don’t worry if you upgrade mid-month, the difference in plan balance is accounted for in our system.
- Once upgraded, your current videos will be re-encoded to update and improve their quality. This will also update the appearance of some of the video thumbnails.
- Your submission form will be updated accordingly, so there’s no need to re-embed it.
Why You Should Collect Videos in HD
Not only are high-quality videos a great addition to your website, they can also be used for a multitude of marketing purposes. Repurposing marketing content is a smart way for you to get the most out of your hard earned content. Here are a few ways the HD videos you collect with Boast can be repurposed:
- Use the videos as Facebook video ads.
- Compile them into a promotional video for your website.
- Use the content in a commercial spot.
- Create high-quality “How To” product or service videos.
- Compile a feed of FAQ videos.