When you edit a submitted testimonial you can manually add tags to each of your testimonials to organize them. Once you've set a tag and clicked "Update Testimonial" these tags can be used to display only testimonials with certain tags in your display widget.
How to Add Tags
1. Under "Manage Testimonials" find the testimonial you want to add a tag to.
2. Click "Edit"
3. In the "Tag List" box, add one or more tags. A drop-down list of previously used tags wll appear as you type. New tags will be added to this list automatically
How to Use Tags to Display Testimonials
You can use tags to pick and choose which testimonials you want to display. In the "Display Testimonials" tab, you'll see a box titled "Display testimonials that include any of these tags." Type in the tags of the testimonials you want to display and use the code provided to use the display on your website or social media.
9 Ways to Use Tags to Display Testimonials
You can use tags to organize and display your testimonials in many different ways. Here are a few.
- Separate employee submissions: If you have multiple employees that work on an individual or team basis with clients, this strategy is a great option for you. Add tags by name to each testimonial that is submitted based on the content in the testimonial. This option will allow you to manually recognize submissions unique to each employee after they’ve been submitted.
- Organize by product: If your company sells a wide variety of products, its a smart idea to segment your testimonials by the product that is being discussed. Go through your testimonials and tag them by product so that you can strategically place testimonials on each unique product page.
- Organize by service: Similar to organizing by products, if your company is service based, organizing by service is just as important. Organizing your customer testimonials by service will allow you to target potential customers on each individual service page with the most relevant and impactful content.
- Show different marketing channels: If your company likes to measure marketing channels regularly, using tags to automate this process is a great way to measure which avenues are most effective. For example, if you plan to collect testimonials on Facebook, on your website, and in person at your business, tag each accordingly to organize them.
- Collect for different events: Some companies are event-based, where a lot of their business and time goes toward attending trade shows, conferences, and other business related events. By tagging each testimonial by event this will allow your brand to stay organized. Displaying the testimonials by event will also help you showcase relevant content to the right people in the future.
- Show different time frames: If your business is seasonal, or you work on different projects during different times of the year, separating testimonials by time frame is a great way to see trends. Tag testimonials by month to see which timeframe is most effective.
- Collect for multiple business efforts: Some companies, or individuals, have a multitude of different business efforts that they maintain. Using tags to separate testimonials will help you place the right content in the right place. For example, if you do freelance writing, marketing, and design work, separate each of those areas of business expertise by campaigns or tags to remain organized.
- Organize contest or sweepstakes submissions: If your company uses contests or sweepstakes as an incentive for customer submissions, use tags to organize those submissions. This will allow you to pick a winner from the correct pool of customers.
- Separate by office department: Most likely, your company has multiple different departments that all have a part in client communication and experience. Tagging testimonials by office department is a great way to separate the submissions to show off internally to your staff and externally by department on your website.